Tuesday 29 September 2009

Papertakes Black, White + 1 Challenge
This weeks challenge at Papertakes is to use black, white plus 1 other colour on your card. I dug out one of my old Penny Black xmas stamps and stamped it with black Versafine and embossed it with Crystal Translucent embossing powder. I have added lots of Glamour Dust as well so it really sparkles in real life. (If you click on the pic yo can see all the bling!)
The border punch is from Martha Stewart and I have actually managed to use some of the holographic card which has been lurking in my paper drawers for the past 6/7 years!!! I only used a little piece though!
I am so pleased to be back making cards for Papertakes and I'd like to than Dawny and the girls for letting me take a short break.

Supplies
Stamp: Penny Black
Tools: Copics, Glamour Dust, Martha Stewart Punch, Gems


14 comments:

Annie said...

simply gorgeous card Andrea and very striking with just a touch of red.
hugs, annie x

sue said...

so sparkly andrea,lovely card, isn't it great when something you've had for years comes in x sue x

Neenie said...

Beautiful, stylish xmas card. Love this image, not seen it before.x :)

Sandy said...

Wow this is darling.
Really lovely card Andrea.

Francesca said...

Wonderful card ,love the stamp and details

Hugs
Francesca

Tara said...

What a fab card Andrea and your image is just gorgeous!
Hugs Tara xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous image. The card looks like it is made of soft fallen snow.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

What a beautiful card.x

Marlou McAlees said...

thanks for inspiration Andrea as I have this stamp and usually struggle with how to use it, loving what you created :) xx

Danni said...

Great card!

Cheryl said...

Oh,so beautiful and a gorgeous image!!!
xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the touch of red and great image.
luv
Debby

DawnMarie said...

Aw I love penguins, really cute card Andrea. I love the black and white with the touch of red, really effective. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea!! These penguins are just as sweet as can be!! LOVE your take on the challenge!! Awesome!!