Friday 9 October 2009

Another 'Different' Christmas Card
This is another Xmas card using an Inkadinkado stamp which is so unlike my normal 'cutesy' cards. I love this English Robin stamp (although mine looks nothing like a robin!!). It's the first time in over a year that I have messed around with inks and lots of different stamps etc and I had great fun and made a bit of a mess as well!!
The robin has been stamped in brown and coloured with Prismacolors and I distressed and stamped a Penny Black snow swirl stamp around the edges (this doesn't show up on the photo very well). The red card has been Cuttlebugged, sanded and then as it was too dark I swiped a white inkpad over the top. I stamped the same swirl over the background paper and added some lace and a flower and pine branches. I have used Glimmer Mists on the bird and the red card but it doesn't show up in the photo and the cream card is distressed and then stamped with a Hero Arts sentiment.
I have just treated myself to a couple more Glimmer Mists and 2 Tim Holtz stamps, so I hope they arrive tomorrow so I can use them over the weekend. Have a good Friday!
Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkado - English Robin, Hero Arts - Sentiment, Penny Black - Snow Swirl
Tools: Prismacolors, SU Punch, Distress Inks, Cuttlebug, Pearls, Glossy Accents, McGill Pine Branch Punch, Flowers, Lace
DP: Basic Grey

24 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning.
Fantastic card.

Have a great weekend my friend.

Francesca said...

Fantastic card , great details

Hugs
Francesca

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Andrea. Love Lynne xx

Janne said...

Lovely card. Your colouring is very nice. Great details;D

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Debbie said...

This is just gorgeous Andrea Love the vintage feel this card gives,Hugs Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Wow Andrea this is stunning dear. well done with getting ouit the inks again
Hugs Jacqui x

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love the bird image and the papers and different layers in this card. Have a great day. Anesha

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

A beautiful card.x

Anonymous said...

Andrea, this is totally stunning hun!! All the lacing and details are fantastic!! TFS! HUGS

Danni said...

This is just stunning..so beautiful!

Joey said...

Hi Andrea

this is stunning, fantastic colour and details

Joey.x

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Andrea, it is fun to have a good old play around with the inks! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card. I have this Robin stamp it is one of my favs!!

tiggertastic said...

wow this is lovely, the image is so different and very eye catching
sarah x

Unknown said...

I so love this Andrea!! As you know, I love a good play with inks and more "arty" stamps too - it's good for the soul. Glad to hear you are going to play a bit more!! Lol Lynn ♥

Anonymous said...

Stunning card. xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Andrea, so totally different from your unique style. Just love the design.
Hugs
Desire

DawnMarie said...

I am really liking your Christmas cards Andrea. Beautiful image and love the papers and embellishments you have used. Hope you are well. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card ! I absolutely LOVE this !! Gorgeous :-)

Luv
Lorraine x x

Risa said...

Wow....what a stunning card and such beautiful colors!
hugs
Risa:)

Dawn♥ said...

OMGoodness what a lovely Christmas card! ♥Dawn♥

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous,love the vintage feel to this!!!
xx

Anke said...

WOW Andrea what a wonderful card.

Anke